Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting o

As an obedient orphan of the U.N.A. (the super-country that was once Mexico, the U.S., and Canada), Alenna learned at an early age to blend in and be quiet—having your parents taken by the police will do that to a girl. But Alenna can’t help but stand out when she fails a test that all sixteen-year-olds have to take: The test says she has a high capacity for brutal violence, and so she is sent to The Wheel, an island where all would-be criminals end up.

The life expectancy of prisoners on The Wheel is just two years, but with dirty, violent, and chaotic conditions, the time seems a lot longer as Alenna is forced to deal with civil wars for land ownership and machines that snatch kids out of their makeshift homes. Desperate, she and the other prisoners concoct a potentially fatal plan to flee the island. Survival may seem impossible, but Alenna is determined to achieve it anyway.
(Summary from GoodReads)


Dystopia and violence? So there. Also can we just talk about how beautiful this cover is? It's more than a little awesome. Right?


The Forsaken comes out July 10th.

15 comments:

  1. You know, most Dystopians have the tagline "For fans of the Hunger Games" when the only thing they have in common is the Dystopian setting. But this one really reminds me of the Hunger Games: being send to 'The Wheel', civil wars...So of course I think it sounds awesome!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Agree there with Kim. I think I'll love this dystopian. Great pick! :D

    Thanks for dropping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much for Dystopian fiction, but this one I think I might like. Thanx for the intro. And thx for stopping by.

    New follower.

    ~Roxanne @ Books and Blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of this one before! I still find myself easing into dystopian, there's gotta be something paranormal in it at the same time for it to catch my interest.

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh nice pick! I'm super excited about this book too. It sounds really interesting and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a book I'm waiting on as well. Plus I just love its cover don't you?

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover. That blurb. Definitely worthy to be on my TBR!
    Thank you for following me, my lovely damsel. :)

    Ooohh, and violence? Yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I've seen so many new books that I have to add to the list today. This is also one of them.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this one come up a couple of time and I am definitely interested in it. Plus I have not seen a cover quite like that one.

    Thanks for visiting and following my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh..this one sounds good. I love a good dystopian. Thanks for sharing this and for visiting My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that sounds awesome. I'm definitely adding it to my list.

    This week, I am waiting on The Shapershifter's Secret.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds pretty darn good! I love dystopians!
    Oh and thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds so good. I love dystopians so definitely on my TBR list!

    Thanks for visiting The Daily Bookmark!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very original cover! This one sounds very intense and violent! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anna,

    This book sounds dark, and I enjoy a good dystopian story as well! Thanks for the follow. I'm following you back GFC as well. Have a wonderful Thursday!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...