Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Exhibits: Day One

 The Exhibit Hall!  So exciting!  So many crazed librarians grabbing for books!  Oh the books!  I went in with a plan this time.  I had a list of specific books I wanted to find out if there were ARCS available for, many of them sequels.  I didn't do super well on that front.  Most of them weren't available yet.  I have a hunch I'll be able to get Gail Carriger's Etiquette and Espionage a bit later, and I was told that Marie Lu's next book in the Legend series and Marissa Meyer's next book in the Cinder series would be available when they do signings, so I will definitely try to get those.

I am most excited about getting a copy of the graphic novel version of A Wrinkle in Time, adapted by Hope Larson, and Rae Carson's second book in The Girl of Fire and Thorns series.

Anna and I went over to the artists alley and met Faith Erin Hicks, author and illustrator of Friends With Boys and Brain Camp, among other fabulous graphic novels.  She was super nice and we had a very nice time chatting with her about what we love about her work and what she's currently working on.

Author sitings:


Jackson Pearce, author of Sweetly and Purity.


Rae Carson, author of The Girl of Fire and Thorns.


Mignon Fogarty, of Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing, whose podcast I listen to every week.

There will be lots more authors tomorrow, and tomorrow is Anna and my big day!  At 11:00 we will have our poster session in the exhibit hall.  We're at table 4, if you're around come see us, and if you're not, send us positive thoughts between 11 and 12:30!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...