Friday, June 29, 2012

Day Three: The Exhibits

Oh man.  I was doing pretty well the first few days with not overdoing it, but now it's all ruined, and it's all the fault of the lady at MacMillan.  Today I went around to the publishers saying how I worked in an all girls' school and to tell me about what was coming out soon that was new and exciting that would appeal to them.  I would hear about various books and they'd usually give me two-four ARCs, which was perfect.  But then!  I went to MacMillan and the woman was so enthusiastic and excited about all the stuff that was coming out she loaded me down wih TWELEVE books.  Oy.  And so, with one fell swoop, my brilliant plan of not heading home with three million books was ruined.  It's very hard to discard them once you have them, you see.  I will do my best.


Without a doubt, the highlight of the day for both me and Anna was getting to meet Sharon Creech, author of Walk Two Moons and Chasing Red Bird and many others.  She was my favorite author in middle school.  I read Walk Two Moons over and over again.  To my delight, Sharon was incredibly nice and sweet and insisted we get in the pictures with her.  Her new book is The Great Unexpected, which I got an ARC of.


We also saw Abby McDonald, who wrote Getting Over Garrett Delaney.


And Daniel Handler.  I think here he might be signing as a representative as Lemony Snicket.  Lemony Snicket, of course, is a recluse and never comes to his own signings.  He does, however, have a new book out, 13 Words.  Daniel also signed as himself for Why We Broke Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...