Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten by Harrison Geillor.


A small town... a plucky heroin, a shiny vampire, and a hunkey Native American rival with a secret. But all is not as it seems in Lake Woebegotten. Let Harrison Geillor reveal what lies beneath the seemingly placid surface. You''ll Laugh. We promise. When Bonnie Grayduck relocates from sunny Santa Cruz California to the small town of Lake Woebegotten, Minnesota, to live with her estranged father, chief of the local two-man police department, she thinks she''s leaving her troubles behind. But she soon becomes fascinated by another student - the brooding, beautiful Edwin Scullen, whose reclusive family hides a terrible secret. (Psst: they''re actually vampires. But they''re the kind who don''t eat people, so it''s okay.) Once Bonnie realizes what her new lover really is, she isn''t afraid. Instead, she sees potential. Because while Bonnie seems to her friends and family to be an ordinary, slightly clumsy, easily-distracted girl, she''s really manipulative, calculating, power hungry, and not above committing murder to get her way - or even just to amuse herself. This is a love story about monsters... but the vampire isn''t the monster. (Summary by Goodreads)

As someone who loved Twilight and then came to her senses and a native Minnesotan, this spoof tickles me. It looks hilarious and I'm totally going to read it. Edwin Scullen... *smirk* The Twilight of Lake Woebegotten comes out Oct. 18th.

9 comments:

  1. Definitely not a Twilight fan (I like my vampires dark, dangerous, and not at all sparkly - LOL), but this sounds like fun.

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I liked Twilight. I'm shameless.

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-15-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, not a Twilight fan, but I love spoofs...and the cover alone made me LOL.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Think I've seen this one around! Looks like it would be a good read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks hilarious- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Great pick. I haven't seen this one before...but I think I would enjoy reading it. I happen to enjoy the orginal series. I hope that when you get it, that it will be everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, this looks so amazing. Can't wait until the library has it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmigosh another Twilight satire :) Love it. Have you read Nightlight? If not you should check it out. It's hilarious :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might buy this just for the cover and title. lol This looks like a fun read though.

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...