Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Barduga


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting o

Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee. 

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.
Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.
(Summary by Goodreads) 





9 comments:

  1. OOoh haven't heard of that one! Sounds interesting!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this one very badly. Great pick.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds exciting! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely excited to read this one :) It's going to be super awesomesauce! Plus the author is going to be in my area which is AWESOME! :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard so many great things about this book! Definitely excited for it to come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone keeps mentioning this one and it does sound quite unique. Great pick! My WoW: http://emcastellan.com/2012/04/25/waiting-on-wednesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is new to me! I've seen it on other blogs today too. Good pick!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so high up on my TBR list too! Please come out NOW!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yep, I can't wait for this one, either! I just love the cover :) Great pick! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...