Monday, June 27, 2011

Exhibits: Day Three

I did MUCH better at the exhibits on the third day.  I have way too many books already, so I went after specific things I wanted and didn't take anything else.  I was very good.  Really. ARCs I'm excited about: Steampunk!  An anthology of fantastically rich and strange stories edited by Kelly Link and Gavin J. Grant; Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham; Wisdom’s Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock; Wonder  Struck by Brian Selznick; A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness; The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson; The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler.  OK fine.  I still got a lot of stuff even when I'm being systematic about it.  I also stopped by the graphic novel area, where Dave Roman was, author of Agnes Quill.  I told him how Anna and I were going to do a presentation on graphic novels for girls and his book was our mystery pick.  He was very pleased.  And then he gave me a copy and signed it!  Very sweet.

Author run down!


Gail Carriger, author of The Parasol Protectorate series.  Anna, Alana and I were VERY excited.  She was wearing gloves and a hat.  Amazing.  She's coming out with a YA series soon!  Can't wait!


Jay Asher, author of 13 Reasons Why and Carolyn Mackler, author of The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things


Lane Smith, Anna's biggest friend from last year.  His new book is Grandpa Green.


Mo Willems, author of everything fabulous.


Jennifer Holm, author of Turtle in Paradise.


Jenny Han, author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.


Frances O'Roark Dowell author of Ten Miles Past Normal.

Maggie Stiefvater, author of The Wolves of Mercy Falls series.  The Scorpio Race comes out this fall.

I also dropped by the PLA President's Program and Award Presentation.  I was trying to find a list of the recipients online to link to, but can't find anything.  Maybe it's not up yet.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You got good stuff. I'm currently reading Wisdom's Kiss via NetGalley on my brand-new Kindle. The e-book formatting is a nightmare, but I'm enjoying the book so far!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...