Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Midnight Dress by Karen Foxlee


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on The Midnight Dress by Karen Foxlee.

Quiet misfit Rose doesn't expect to fall in love with the sleepy beach town of Leonora. Nor does she expect to become fast friends with beautiful, vivacious Pearl Kelly, organizer of the high school float at the annual Harvest Festival parade. It's better not to get too attached when Rose and her father live on the road, driving their caravan from one place to the next whenever her dad gets itchy feet. But Rose can't resist the mysterious charms of the town or the popular girl, try as she might.

Pearl convinces Rose to visit Edie Baker, once a renowned dressmaker, now a rumored witch. Together Rose and Edie hand-stitch an unforgettable dress of midnight blue for Rose to wear at the Harvest Festival—a dress that will have long-lasting consequences on life in Leonora, a dress that will seal the fate of one of the girls. Karen Foxlee's breathtaking novel weaves friendship, magic, and a murder mystery into something moving, real, and distinctly original.


The Midnight Dress comes out October 8, 2013.

19 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Haven't heard of this one! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has lovely cover and story looks intriguing.
    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so interesting and unique! Adding it to my TBR list. Great pick! :)
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really good! I'm adding it to my list!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting pick :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this one but it sounds really good. Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds amazing! And the cover is gorgeous.

    Thanks for stopping by Swept Away By Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I love how mystical this one sounds - and I hadn't even heard of it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like the perfect fall read. The early reviews look good too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice blog...love your blog name too.

    ENJOY your choices.

    I haven’t participated lately, but here are my answers.

    Currently reading: THE PARIS ARCHITECT…another good WWII book with great characters.

    Finished Reading: THE WEDDING GIFT…excellent read…review on my blog.

    Reading Next: SWEETEST HALLELUJAH…that is tentative…can’t pick. :)

    BTW…a great video on my blog that Simon & Schuster made with authors talking and thanking and praising bloggers. You will love it.

    Also a giveaway for THE RETURNED on my blog.

    Have a great day.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’ve never heard of this one. thanks for sharing
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first I've heard of this. I do like the over too! I'm not sure if this would be my kind of read, but I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this one yet but the synopsis is interesting! Another one added to my TBR pile :) thanks for visiting my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really interesting and creepy. I will add it to my TBR pile. Thanks for stopping by!
    Nahomi @ Books &Swoon
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard of this either, but I'll totally try to read it - sounds cool!

    Thanks for stopping by,
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I havent heard of this book but it sounds great and I love the cover!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that cover! And I adore books about small towns so this sounds really good. Thanks for featuring it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hadn't heard of this before but gosh it does sound good! Now I need to get my hands on this when it comes out!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh, pretty cover! Sounds awesome. I hope you will love it when you get to read iT :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...