Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Beauty's Daughter by Carolyn Meyer


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on Beauty's Daughter by Carolyn Meyer.

 What is it like to be the daughter of the most beautiful woman in the world? Hermione knows . . . her mother is Helen of Troy, the famed beauty of Greek myth. Helen is not only beautiful but also impulsive, and when she falls in love with charming Prince Paris, she runs off with him to Troy, abandoning her distraught daughter. Determined to reclaim their enchanting queen, the Greek army sails for Troy. Hermione stows away in one of the thousand ships in the fleet and witnesses the start of the legendary Trojan War.  In the rough Greek encampment outside the walls of Troy, Hermione’s life is far from that of a pampered princess. Meanwhile, her mother basks in luxury in the royal palace inside the city. Hermione desperately wishes for the gods and goddesses to intervene and end the brutal war—and to bring her love. Will she end up with the handsome archer Orestes, or the formidable Pyrrhus, leader of a tribe of fierce warriors? And will she ever forgive her mother for bringing such chaos to her life and the lives of so many others?

Beauty's Daughter comes out October 8, 2013.

18 comments:

  1. Oooh that sounds intriguing! Love Greek mythology!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover and description. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-65-second-chances.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover and blurb...thanks for sharing and enjoy! Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh it sounds great! I guess being the daughter of Helen would indeed suck, haha. Lovely cover!

    Thanks for stopping by (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so beautiful and interesting! Great WoW pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty and sounds good! Nice pick and thanks for stopping by Istyria book blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really good! I like greek mythology and the cover is also really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds interesting! Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm not a fan of greek mythology but i'm intrigued! thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is on my TBR list as well. I love anything that deals with Helen of Troy/Greek Mythology. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whenever I see a book involving Greek mythology that isn't focused around the Persephone/Hades story, I get a little more interested. ;) This book sounds rather interesting.

    Lindsay | Me on Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mythology is so awesome, I am really liking the sound of this one. I'll have to be on the lookout for this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED the movie Troy, one of my favourite movies of all time so this one sounds like a great follow up :) Thanks for sharing, and stopping by my WoW!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been wanting to read this one too. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one yet but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love Greek mythology, and I hadn't heard of this book, so thank you so much for sharing! I'm not totally familiar with Helen of Troy, so perhaps this will encourage me to look a bit further into her story! I can't wait to hear what you think when you manage to pick up a copy! :)

    Inga @ Miss Inga Page.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...