Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Long


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting o

A darkly compelling mix of romance, fairy tale, and suspense from a new voice in teen fiction

The trees swallowed her brother whole, and Jenny was there to see it. Now seventeen, she revisits the woods where Tom was taken, resolving to say good-bye at last. Instead, she's lured into the trees, where she finds strange and dangerous creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with secrets of his own. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack's help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where stunning beauty masks some of the most treacherous evils, and she's faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice--and not just her own.
(Summary from GoodReads)




What can I say? I'm a sucker for fairy books. I like the fact that this might be a little darker than your average faery tale, and it kind of reminds me of Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series which I loved. 

The Treachery of Beautiful Things comes out Aug. 16th.

14 comments:

  1. I like the dark sort of fairy tales, too, so I'm looking forward to this one, too :)

    Here is my WoW: http://tinyurl.com/7repu6p
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh a dark fairy tale?! This one is catching my interest now that I know that!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful cover. I like fairy tales, too, so I'll probably add this one to my TBR.
    My Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover! Also, I like how in the summary they said it had romance, fairy tale, and suspense. Everything you need in a awesome read!

    My Wow: youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choice. I picked The Treachery of Beautiful Things as my WoW a few weeks ago. Love dark fairy-tales.

    New follower

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sounds of this one as well and the coer is so very pretty! Great pick!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this one yet. Pretty cover. It looks interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this last week somewhere and it sounds SO good! Good one! Here's our Waiting on Weds this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for fairy books too! Love the cover + the title. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome choice! This one is pretty high on my wishlist as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kinda loved to hate the Iron Fey books, but I still compulsively read them. This book is all of a sudden everywhere this Wow! You are right on the money for up and coming reads :-) I have to say it has a great title! I will keep my eyes peeled at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read the Iron Fey series, but people-swallowing trees? Sounds like a great dark fantasy. And I love the flowers on the cover.
    Thank you for stopping by my WoW, following you back now on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry that it took me so long to stop by your WOW! This week was craaazy! :'D I'm curious what people ll say about the Treachery of Beautiful Things. It doesn't sound like my type of book, but at the same time it's very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...