Thursday, May 31, 2012

News

We lost a great with the death of Jean Craighead George on May 15.  She was the author of Julie of the Wolves and My Side of the Mountain.  From PW.

An example of how important it is to have books that represent all sorts of people.  From NPR.

Is there a prize for being awesome?  Because this kid wins it.  From SLJ.

As if we needed another reason to love Neil Gaiman, he gives an amazing commencement speech.  From The Christian Science Monitor.

According to some of the "50 serious academic critics," no one has written anything worthwhile since Milton.  And Harry Potter is for children, not grownups.  Go on, read it, feel the rage!  From The Guardian.

I just don't see Why We Broke Up translating to a movie very well.  There's no way it will be able to keep that unique, distant voice.  From Deadline.

10 of the weirdest children's authors.  What does it say about me that I loved almost every single one of these books?  From Flavorwire.

Also from Flavorwire, 10 YA books that scarred us for life.  I would also like to add On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...