Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on Ruse: The Victorian Guide to Murder by Mark Waid and Jackson Guice.

Renowned as the Victorian world's greatest detective, Simon Archard is the most intelligent of men. But when he crosses paths with the mysterious and enchanting Emma Bishop, has the smartest man in the world met his equal? Brought to readers by superstar writer Mark Waid (Amazing Spider-Man) and red-hot artist Mirco Pierfederici (Tron: Original Movie Adaptation), this is the new comic series that'll leave you breathless. (Summary by Goodreads)

I'm quite excited about this, I just finished the first volume and it was AMAZING! Beautiful artwork, fantastic characters, awesome plot. I thought the fantasy attributes were a little strange in the original, but from what I hear those will be gone in this revival of the series. Yay! I also have to admit that I L-O-V-E mystery graphic novels.

Ruse: The Victorian Guide to Murder comes out Oct. 5.

11 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one! Looks interesting! Don't read many graphic novels myself.

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out!

    I'm a new follower by the way :)

    Here's my WOW post: http://thoughts-of-an-endless-dreamer.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-18.html

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one... but then again, I don't read graphic novels. Nice pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great! I'm always looking for new graphic novels to try so thanks for putting this one on my radar :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why haven't I seen this one around before now? The art looks incredible and the story sounds quite captivating. :) I'll definitely be checking this series out soon. Thank you for sharing and for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a graphic novel as a WoW before. That's original. I agree. The artwork looks great. I remember the days they used to call "graphic novels" comic books! Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm not a big graphic novel reader but this one sounds really good. maybe it's time to read out of my reading box.

    Check out our WoW post.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this either. Actually, I've never even read a graphic novel before (shame on me!) but I hope to change that this month with the Vampire Academy one. Anyway this sounds good! And who doesn't love a juicy mystery? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, there. Sorry it took so long to return the WoW visit. I've been sick for the past few days. I am now following your blog. :)

    This one looks pretty cool. I don't get to read graphic novels very often, but this one sounds very interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you all check it out, graphic novels are fantastic!

    @Marla - Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...