Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst.

 In a desert world of sandstorms and sand-wolves, a teen girl must defy the gods to save her tribe in this mystical, atmospheric tale from the author of Drink, Slay, Love.Liyana has trained her entire life to be the vessel of a goddess. The goddess will inhabit Liyana’s body and use magic to bring rain to the desert. But Liyana’s goddess never comes. Abandoned by her angry tribe, Liyana expects to die in the desert. Until a boy walks out of the dust in search of her.

     Korbyn is a god inside his vessel, and a trickster god at that. He tells Liyana that five other gods are missing, and they set off across the desert in search of the other vessels. For the desert tribes cannot survive without the magic of their gods. But the journey is dangerous, even with a god’s help. And not everyone is willing to believe the trickster god’s tale.

     The closer she grows to Korbyn, the less Liyana wants to disappear to make way for her goddess. But she has no choice: She must die for her tribe to live. Unless a trickster god can help her to trick fate—or a human girl can muster some magic of her own.
(Summary from GoodReads)


I think this sounds really intriguing, like Sarah Beth Durst created a well-thought out complex world. And it comes out on Arianna's birthday! So good times.

Vessel comes out Sept. 11.

23 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of that one, but it looks awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds amazing...so glad we don't have to wait very long! :) Here's my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you right back ^^

    Awesome pick. I've been waiting for this one for a while now!

    My WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is gorgeous and the blurb sounds interesting. Great pick, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this one before! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one looks pretty good. And the cover is beautiful! I'll check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, one I haven't heard of yet. This sounds really good!

    Here's My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, this sounds good. Definitely going on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good! Great Pick! here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. sarah beth durst is one of my favorite authors. have you read drink slay love? it was AWESOME/funny. i'm super excited for vessel too.

    My WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard of this before, but love the cover! Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have this on pre order. sarah beth durst writes awesome standalones

    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this one but the cover is stunning. I guess you don't have to wait to long to read it either. Nice pick and thanks for stopping by The Readers Den. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick! It sounds very interesting and original. I must read this one!

    New Follower!!

    Thanks for stopping by my
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is completely new to me so thanks for putting it on my radar. I love Sarah Beth Durst and this sounds amazing, the cover is also gorgeous! :)

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not read any Sarah Beth Durst books, but this does sound interesting. I'm a new follower!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds amazing! Thanks so much for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds amazing! Thanks so much for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's an Asian person on the cover! Asians gotta stick together. ;D Looks absolutely amaaaaazing. Thanks for a great post!

    Inkie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haven't heard of it but that is one gorgeous cover.
    Hope you get to read it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't heard of this book before now but it sounds great! thank-you for sharing.

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well this sounds interesting! I hadn't heard of it before so thanks for sharing! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...