Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Death Watch by Ari Berk


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting on Death Watch by Ari Berk. 

They say the dead should rest in peace. Not all the dead agree.
One night, Silas Umber's father Amos doesn’t come home from work. Devastated, Silas learns that his father was no mere mortician but an Undertaker, charged with bringing The Peace to the dead trapped in the Shadowlands, the states of limbo binding spirits to earth. With Amos gone, Silas and his mother have no choice but to return to Lichport, the crumbling seaside town where Silas was born, and move in with Amos’s brother, Charles. 

Even as Silas eagerly explores his father’s town and its many abandoned streets and overgrown cemeteries, he grows increasingly wary of his uncle. There is something not quite right going on in Charles Umber’s ornate, museum-like house—something, Silas is sure, that is connected to his father’s disappearance. When Silas’s search leads him to his father’s old office, he comes across a powerful artifact: the Death Watch, a four hundred year old Hadean clock that allows the owner to see the dead. 

Death Watch in hand, Silas begins to unearth Lichport’s secret history—and discovers that he has taken on his father’s mantle as Lichport’s Undertaker. Now, Silas must embark on a dangerous path into the Shadowlands to embrace his destiny and discover the truth about his father—no matter the cost.


Death Watch comes out November 15.

11 comments:

  1. New follower. I think a lot of people got this on their galley grabs. come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love. I did a review of the Night Circus recently. This looks like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one, but the cover is definitely intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds very creepy and dark. Not on my Galley Grab but I wish it had been.

    My WoW this week

    Are we having a follower party? ;) Okay, I'll join in and be a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds promising. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I love the logo on the cover. Great choice!

    First time coming across your blog. Now a new follower. :)

    Leslie
    WOW @ Working for the Mandroid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm actually planning on reading this one next week. Great pick it sounds very good.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good pick! I like the sound of this.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this was my pick a couple weeks ago, and it's on Galley Grab! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great covr but a bit on the fence

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of this Undertaker story - didn't realize it was on Galley Grab...let the grabbing begin!!

    Our WOW is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you noticed a lot of YA novels are dealing with the afterlife now? I'm reading Abandon by Meg Cabot and it is kind of along these lines. Pretty interesting and kinda fun to read. This one sounds good!

    http://missourireadings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...