Friday, July 5, 2013

The Exhibits: Day Two

The first full day of ALA started out with a systematic perusing of the exhibit hall.  Even though I was doing what I usually do, stopping at each publisher, telling them the type of school I work in, asking what's new and exciting I should know about, I somehow ended up with WAY more books than I have in the past.  I don't know what happened!  Can I help it that people keep giving me books?  Books that look good?  No.  I cannot.  It is out of my control.  Author sightings!

The ever fabulous Mo Willems.


Kate DiCamillo and K.G. Campbell.   Their new books is Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures.

Marie Lu, author of the Legend series.  I overheard someone asking if there were ARCS of the third book in the trilogy.  The publisher representative laughed.

Holly Black.  Her new book is Doll Bones, which I was unfortunately unable to get a copy of.

Tamora Pierce!  Who hardly ever makes public appearances. Her new book is Battle Magic, which I do have the ARC of!

This is Anna fangirling all over Jennifer Armentrout, author of the Lux series.  By this point Jennifer was aware of what a huge fan Anna was and addressed her by name.


Lois Lowry.  Being awesome.

1 comment:

  1. This is what I love about conventions. The booth!! Walking the "floor". So much fun. I haven't been to a book convention but I have been to a few comic cons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...