Monday, July 8, 2013

The Exhibits: Day Three

Another delightful day at the exhibits. 


Nick Lake, author of In Darkness, which won the Printz Award this year.  His new book is Hostage Three, which I have an ARC of!

 
 Alana chatting with Katerine Paterson.

 Jon Klassen, Caldecott Award winning illustrator of This is Not My Hat.  Interestingly, Jon Klassen always wears a hat.

Patricia Polacco!  I so much wanted to chance to meet Patricia Polacco and tell her how much her books meant to me.  But as it often happens with amazing authors and illustrators, the lines at ALA are so long.  I would have had to have been there hours early to get a good place in line.  I do not exagerate.  The lines get crazy.

I would have loved to get a copy of David Levithan's new book, Two Boys Kissing, but they were only giving out the ARCs during his signing, which was only for half an hour.  The line, as you could expect, was out of control.  And of course all the ARCs went.  Ah well.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...