Saturday, October 11, 2014

I'm Back!

Hello world.  I return to you.  I'm sorry I haven't posted a single thing in over a month.  I started my new job as a public middle school librarian, where I am the only librarian, and spent the month of September being totally overwhelmed and trying to keep my head above water.  I know it's old news for lots of people, being the only librarian in your library, but it was quite the transition, moving from an all girls' independent school where there were three librarians to public middle school!  I feel like I'm getting in the swing of things now, and I'm really happy I made the switch.  Things I've learned about middle school students:  They kind of smell; 8th grade boys are (still) super annoying. 

Anyways, I shall do my best to return to the book reviews.  I've still been reading stuff, just haven't had the time for posting.  You'll notice that my book choices are now much more middle grade than YA, for the obvious reason, but the 8th graders are all about the YA, so it won't go away entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...