Thursday, November 8, 2012

News

Author Kate Messner launches all-star "kid lit" auction for hurricane Sandy relief effort.  Go support!  From SLJ.

What classic picture book fills you with dread?  I loved Swimmy, but I do remember being upset about Sylvester and the Magic Pebble.  From The New York Times.

Best 20 books of 2012.  The only one I know about is the graphic novel.  I am just not up on adult fiction.  From PW.

Adam Gidwitz, author of A Tale Dark and Grimm on original Brothers Grimm fairy tales.  From The Detroit News.

Hurricane Sandy: news from the publishing world.  From PW.

Umm, James Joyce wrote a picture book?  And a children's book? I can't make that makes sense in my head.  From brain pickings.

Please...I just can't.  I don't think I can keep going.  Stephenie Meyer says more Twilight books a possibility.  From EW.

The United States of YA.  A book for every state!  From Epic Reads.

The Guardian says crime is the new vampire or the YA world.  I haven't seen a whole lot of this yet.  But maybe it's coming.

In hurricane Sandy's aftermath, school librarians step up to help.  From SLJ.

What the Random House/Penguin merger means.  From MediaShift.

The cave made famous in The Island of the Blue Dolphins may have been found!  From Los Angeles Times.

Ever wonder what the most overdue books are?  In Boston it's Twilight.  From Bostoninno.

Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book is going to be a graphic novel!  From Digital Spy.

Yup.  We book people can be kind of crazy.  From The Global Mail.

A tumblr of bookshelves hiding secret rooms!  Best thing ever!  Ever, I say!

Children's literature inspired bedrooms.  From apartment therapy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree-- Sylvester's time as a stone is truly horrifying! But it has always been a favorite of mine....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...