Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: A World Away by Nancy Grossman


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine to spotlight an upcoming release that we're excited about. This week I'm waiting o

 A summer of firsts 
Sixteen-year-old Eliza Miller has never made a phone call, never tried on a pair of jeans, never sat in a darkened theater waiting for a movie to start. She's never even talked to someone her age who isn't Amish, like her. 

A summer of good-byes 

When she leaves her close-knit family to spend the summer as a nanny in suburban Chicago, a part of her can't wait to leave behind everything she knows. She can't imagine the secrets she will uncover, the friends she will make, the surprises and temptations of a way of life so different from her own. 

A summer of impossible choice 

Every minute Eliza spends with her new friend Josh feels as good as listening to music for the first time, and she wonders whether there might be a place for her in his world. But as summer wanes, she misses the people she has left behind, and the plain life she once took for granted. Eliza will have to decide for herself where she belongs. Whichever choice she makes, she knows she will lose someone she loves.

A World Away comes out July 17, 2012.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book I'd enjoy...thanks for sharing. Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This one's really different! It's going right on my TBR list! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick this week! I've heard a lot of amazing things about this book so I'm excited to read it myself!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds really good! This is like the 8th book I've had to add to my list today. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't hear of this one either! Doesn't sound like my kind of read, but I hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A World Away was really enjoyable. I hope you get a chance to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...